The Staff Accountant is responsible for the accurate recording of transactions in the general ledger and account analysis. Participate in monthly close processes including financial statements. Candidate will be an integral part of the Accounting and Operations group to ensure Accounting and Management tasks and reports related to our programs are completed timely and efficiently
- Posting of all revenue receipt including cash and EFT.
- Prepare monthly bank account reconciliations.
- Assist with yearend 5500 .
- Assist CFO in fiscal audits of government grants
- Assist with month-end close including preparing, journal entries, and gathering support to facilitate the close process.
- Perform any other department or agency-related duties or special projects as directed by the CFO.
Maintain financial accounts and ledgers
- Assist with maintaining the Company's financial books including recording revenue and costs in preparation of monthly bank reconciliations.
- Responsible for General Ledger reconciliation.
- Monitors expenditures, receipts and receivables.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting and a minimum of two (2) years' experience in non-profit accounting preferred.
- Must be able to manage multiple assignments, set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently and manage responsibilities with limited supervision.
- Strong analytical skills; attention to detail with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of payroll software, Paylocity preferred.
- Knowledge of non-for-profit fund accounting software, Fund EZ a plus.
- Strong ability to use MS Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of accounts payable & receivable