Location: st Rd. Flushing, NY 11355
Salary Range: $20.00 per hour
Hours: 20-35 hours per week
Employment Type: Part-Time, Non-Exempt
Founded in 1876, The Boys' Club of New York (BCNY) is a youth development organization with the mission to empower boys and young men, ages 7 to 21, by providing effective programs and a supportive community. BCNY provides evidence-based programs to address the evolving social, emotional, health, creative, educational, and vocational needs of our members in meaningful, lasting ways. BCNY develops programs to cultivate positive qualities in members and strives to continually deepen and broaden our impact.
The Lifeguard is responsible for ensuring that all members participating in swimming activities enjoy a safe, harm-free experience by setting and implementing rules and supervising the swimming area.
- Directly supervise and guard youth participants and staff in the swimming pools
- Assist in the regular maintenance of swimming pool areas, ensuring their safe operation
- Take initiative, provide problem-solving, and respond appropriately, to participant situations in swimming pool areas
- Ensure that all necessary reports are completed on a daily basis
- Use behavior management strategies to defuse inappropriate behavior
- Attend required department meetings and professional development training
- Other duties as assigned
- At least 1-year experience as a pool lifeguard, instructor, or comparable
- Demonstrated leadership experience in an educational, social service and/or youth development setting
- Familiarity with principles of supervision, organization, and maintenance
- Current Lifeguard Certification from the American Red Cross required
- First Aid and CPR Certification required
The Boys' Club of New York is an equal opportunity employer.