Director of Employment and Day Services
Community Options believes in the dignity of every person, and in the freedom of all people to experience the highest degree of self-determination. Embracing this philosophy, Community Options provides housing, support services and advocacy assistance to help empower people with disabilities.
We are searching for a dedicated and experienced Director to oversee employment and day services in the New York City area.
The Director plays a primary role in the development of employment supports and ensures a high quality of service throughout all programs. The Director will ensure that quality services are being provided and that compliance with our mission statement and appropriate regulatory governing agencies is meeting or exceeding standards respectively. This includes entrepreneurial businesses, adult day programs, individualized supports, and supported employment.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field with two years' experience working with people with disabilities in an integrated environment, OR Master's degree in related field with one year of experience working with people with disabilities in an integrated environment
- Minimum of one year of experience as a Supervisor or Manager.
- Experience working in Supportive Employment or Marketing.
- Develop local objectives and measure progress towards corporate mission and vision.
- Manage and coordinate community-based vocational and employment programs.
- Oversee the development of employment and volunteer opportunities for persons with disabilities.
- Coordinate entrepreneurial business ventures involving persons with disabilities.
- Responsible for contract disbursements for community-based programs.
- Assist with contract procurement as required.
- Network with business leaders in the community to increase employment opportunities for persons with disabilities.
- Coordinate contract requirements relative to vocational and employment activities with the appropriate agencies.
- Assist with grant development for vocational and employment programs.
- Recruit and screen candidates, and assists with training as necessary.
- Insurance Options (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Paid Holidays-Including a Birthday Holiday
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Employee Incentive & Discount Programs
- 403b Retirement Plan with Employer Match
- Exceptional Career Growth Opportunities
If interested, please click Apply Now or send resume to:
Community Options is an Equal Opportunity Employer
M/F/D/VCompany Description Community Options, Inc. is a national non-profit agency providing services to individuals with disabilities in 11 states.