Production Development Assistant
Please apply through Only candidates who apply via this link will be considered.
Ming Wang is a family-owned, fashion apparel company that makes timeless, investment-worthy knitwear under the brands Ming Wang, Misook, and select Private Label. Our product is sold in the U.S. through our own ecommerce websites, high-end boutiques, and department stores like Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom, Dillard's, and Von Maur.
We are currently looking for an entry level Product Development Assistant to bring support, clarity, and organization to our team of product developers as well as provide support to office personnel.
- Production Development Assistant
- Communicate daily between New York and Dallas corporate office on product related issues
- Address any costing concerns with Dallas office and communicate with design at development stage
- Send sample packages to Dallas/China and inform responsible parties accordingly
- Develop, source, order and track stock of new yarns, fabrics, trims, etc.
- Order and purchase salesman sample yardage with China or New York local fabric vendors
- Communicate with overseas factories on design color and swatches - liaison between design and factory
- Sample Management
- Unpack, hang, label, and steam samples as needed
- Keep running inventory of all samples that are in the office, including basics
- Packing, shipping, and tracking samples as needed between offices
- Ensure that samples are organized and hung in correct order for all appointments
- Office Organization
- Order and organize office, kitchen, and bathroom supplies
- Keep storage areas organized
- Touch-ups of kitchen, bathroom, and showroom
- Scheduling maid service
- Maintain showroom appearance and upkeep
- Education: High School Diploma / GED; Associate's Degree Preferred
- Experience: 1-2 years of Garment Product and/or Product Development experience. Previous Administrative and/or Customer Service experience preferred but not required
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and, Standard Office Equipment
- Organizational skills with ability to adapt, multi-task and prioritize and to meet short term/changing deadlines while responding to multiple instructions and directions
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to read and write in both English and Chinese preferred
Please apply through Only candidates who apply via this link will be considered.Company Description MING WANG participates in E-Verify.
For over 30 years MING WANG has offered high-end knit apparel through various product lines catering to the sophisticated woman. Looking to redefine a woman's relationship with her wardrobe, MING WANG aims to offer timeless styles and high quality products, all while providing impeccable service to each of our clients. A family-owned and operated enterprise, MING WANG has achieved significant growth in recent years and looks to aggressively build on that success. Current retail relationships include Von Maur, Dillard's, Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus and approximately 250 specialty boutiques across the United States.