AR Deductions Manager
We’re OperationsInc, a human resources consulting firm. A client of ours, Q Drinks, a dynamic beverage company, is seeking an A/R Deductions Manager to add to their growing organization. We have been retained to assist them in their efforts to secure the most qualified candidate.
THE COMPANY: Q Drinks makes the world’s best carbonated mixers. Our Tonic Water, Ginger Beer, Club Soda, and other flavors are proudly served by discerning bars and restaurants across America, and are sold at grocery and liquor stores nationwide, including Whole Foods, Safeway, Walmart and Target. We are growing rapidly, driven by the strength of our brand, the quality of our products, and consumer embrace of better beverages made with better ingredients. We are now private equity backed and are using our new resources to build a team of talented and dedicated individuals to seize the exciting opportunity in front of us.
THE ROLE: The AR/Deductions Manager will be an integral part of the Q Drinks team. He or she will manage critical day to day financial and accounting functions for the company, including receivable and customer billbacks/deductions. The AR/Deductions Manager will report to the VP of Finance and will work closely with him to ensure that timely and accurate records are being kept, and that accounting processes are being adhered to. This role will be extremely hands on, and attention to detail will be critical.
- Manage accounts receivable, including proper recording and cash application, management of outstanding invoices, and collection and dispute resolution.
- Work closely with the VP of Finance and sales team to manage customer billbacks and deductions and ensure accurate processing and classification. This is an area of particular focus for the company, and precise handling of these deductions will facilitate critical reporting.
- Closely monitor past due invoices. Resolve and collect in a timely manner.
- Produce regular AR reports, highlighting past due items and plan for collection.
- Manage all month end closing related activities related to AR and deductions.
- Work with the VP of Finance to implement and monitor a system of internal controls for operational accounting procedures. Test these controls and recommend corrective action as needed.
- Work with the VP of Finance on the monthly close and assist with reporting.
- Cross train on other job functions. We are a small company and will need to cover other job functions from time to time. Flexibility and adaptability will be key in this role.
ATTRIBUTES: Q Drinks is a rapidly growing entrepreneurial organization that must further develop the systems and controls required by its increasing scale, while maintaining its informal and energetic culture. The AR/Deductions Manager must embrace this balance. He or she will be:
- Self Directed – able to take initiative and complete projects with minimal oversight.
- Intrinsically Motivated – driven by a desire to build something great.
- Detail Oriented – the company will rely on your work. Everything must be accurate.
- Resourceful – we run a lean organization and always will. There is little support.
- Hard Working – we have a lot to do and high expectations for ourselves.
- Nice – a positive disposition and desire to work collaboratively. QUALIFICATIONS:
- 4+ years related accounting experience, with an emphasis on AR and deductions.
- Experience working with customer billbacks/deductions necessary.
- Experience in food and beverage strongly preferred.
- Experience with NetSuite a plus, but not required.
- Position based out of Brooklyn, NY office.
Qualified candidates can respond to this ad via this service. Please provide us with a cover letter and resume, indicating the position for which you are applying.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Our client is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/H/V
Apply for AR Deductions Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly