Experienced Bookkeeper/ Small Company Accountant
Part-time 30-40 hours a week (could lead to full time work)
We’re OperationsInc, a human resource consulting firm. A client of ours, a NYC based event and conference firm specializing in the biotech industry, is seeking a Bookkeeper/Accountant for their dynamic organization. We have been retained to assist them in their efforts to secure the most qualified candidate.
Objective of the role:
We are looking for an experienced Bookkeeper/Small Company Accountant to assist in managing the day to day accounting and finance requirements. Confidentiality, accuracy and excellent organizational and communications skills are important qualifications for this position. The ideal candidate is a skilled multi-tasker, is reliable and is committed to consistently meeting deadlines.
- Balance and maintain accurate chart of accounts and ledgers
- Reconcile and pay all invoices
- Coordinate bank deposits and report financial results on a regular basis to owner/management
- Pay vendor invoices and track bank account balances
- Create system to properly track expenses and profits for each individual Conference
- Develop monthly and annual financial statements, including cash flow, profit and loss statements and balance sheets
- May eventually prepare quarterly and monthly tax returns, along with payroll, operating and business taxes (in the beginning should be able to coordinate with appropriate consulting firms to complete these finance related tasks).
- Budget development and financial forecasting
- Analysis of finances and actual vs. budgeted expenses/profits
Qualified applicants will possess:
- BS degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration or minimum 4-5 relevant work experience
- Prior experience working with accounting software (Quick books preferred)
- Proficiency in financial transactions and reporting
- Accounts receivable and payable experience
- Bank reconciliation experience
- Month end closing experience
- Individual must be highly organized and pay strict attention to detail
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel are essential.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
Qualified candidates can respond to this ad via this service. Please provide us with a cover letter and resume, indicating the position for which you are applying + your compensation history/requirements.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE ---Our client is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/H/V
Apply for Experienced Bookkeeper/ Small Company Accountant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly