Director, Consumer Risk Management
2 days left
- Job Board
Priceline.com, one of the best-known travel brands in the world, interacts with over 10 MM online consumers monthly. The Director of Consumer Risk Management is responsible for threat identification and the manipulation of consumer interactions that directly impact the profitability of Priceline’s product lines. Using large and ever-growing data sets, industry intelligence, and awareness of applicable laws and regulations, the director of Consumer Risk Management helps the company to zero in on and reduce the impact of illicit travel deals. Fraudster behavior evolves quickly and requires continuous monitoring and interpretation of trends to help Priceline.com protect its bottom line.
As a Director of Consumer Risk Management, you will be a key member of the finance operations team. The direction and leadership you provide to a team of analysts and fraud specialists will result in direct improvement of Priceline’s bottom line. You will be in the front lines, with your team, in the battle against credit card theft and illicit consumer behavior. You will help product owners achieve revenue and profitability targets. Your success will be directly tied to the quantified results you, your team, and the product teams deliver.
- Build relationships with the Priceline.com leadership team and industry partners, to assure the company achieves its financial and policy obligations for consumer fraud risk management.
- Direct the analysis of diverse volumes of data and advance Priceline’s ability to predict deviant customer behavior, improve fraud-to-review ratios for fraud agents, and drive down fraud-related losses.
- Act on identified fraud indicators to prioritize fraud queues for agents and adjust fraud detection methods to prevent fraud and related recovery costs.
- Identify, analyze, and document the company’s library of known and emerging fraud and financial crimes risks as they impact Priceline.com and its clients.
- Enable innovation of Priceline’s control and technology functions in evolving an appropriately risk weighted financial crime mitigation strategy.
- Work with Priceline leadership to ensure appropriate awareness and training is deployed across the company to prevent, detect, and respond to fraud, criminality and other associated wrongdoing that is targeted against Priceline and its clients.
- Develop and execute effective root cause and lessons learned strategies related to Priceline’s businesses that drive continuous improvement in the execution of best in class fraud risk management.
- Establish a framework for the continuous training and testing of the Fraud detection process and related models.
- Drive the implementation of technology solutions that continuously fortify the company’s risk management capability.
- Communicate to the overall performance of fraud strategies, and associated activities to the leadership team and other relevant stakeholders.
- Participate and lead external initiatives to expose and mitigate fraud risks that threaten online commerce as well as the company’s business.
- Direct the application of machine learning, data mining, and/or quantitative techniques to improve predictive transaction risk modeling and related visualization of transaction settlement outcomes.
- Develop, interpret, and communicate consumer fraud KPIs with finance and product management teams.
- Lead the evaluation and implementation of diverse data sources to bolster fraud screening tools.
Requirements (must haves):
- At least 8 years of experience in Consumer Fraud Risk Mitigation, Financial Crimes, Identity Theft, Credit Card Fraud, or related disciplines.
- Strong knowledge of financial and identity theft crimes and modes of operation. Awareness of applicable laws and regulations. Experience with fraud detection, related tools, and techniques.
- Must be organized, positive, proactive, results-oriented, with excellent communication and problems solving skills
- Strong analytical skills, including a broad understanding and utilization of analytical tools and techniques. Moderate proficiency in SQL (Oracle)
- Ability to work independently in the position with minimum guidance. Must be self-sufficient consistently follow-through on commitments. Able to multitask by carrying a diverse and complex workload.
- Possess creativity and use initiative to develop new processes toward improvement of fraud risk management.
- Demonstrates leadership traits. Experience with staffing, scheduling, training, and performance management.
- Hands-on experience with industry leading fraud prevention platforms (e.g., 41st Parameter, Accertify).
- An innovative thinker with a history of strategic re-engineering and process improvement.
- Capability to validate and explain trends and impact on financial performance
- Passion for innovation and excellence.
- Bachelor’s degree in behavioral science, economics, crime investigation, or a quantitative field.
- Prior involvement in industry work groups, or broad consulting experience in this field.
- Certified Fraud Examiner or similar industry acknowledged designation.
- Experienced report writer (e.g. white papers, executive briefings).
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration or Crime Management (MBA Finance/ Management Information Systems/ Operations Research).